8.31.2010

The Crazy 13: A Pre-Aruba Tale


I leave for my bachlorette party in a few days.  You know, just *12* of my craziest closest friends taking me to Aruba for a long weekend to celebrate my pending nuptials. 

Side bar: I totally make a vow to jot down the funny things that are sure to occur while we are away and blog about them on my return 

Allow me to give you insight into the motley crue group I’m traveling with so that you can fully understand why I’m excited and terrified at the same time – excitified?

Angela – FILMS everything we do and then puts it on youtube. Probably *the* most dangerous one in the group.  She has single handedly removed any chance of any of us ever running for president some day with her incriminating footage. 
Bird – My partner in crime in the trouble causing department. I’m fairly certain you’ll be bailing us out of an Aruban (<-is that a word?) prison before the weekend is over
Larry – Oh yeah, Larry will be there too.  Probably for punching a cop in the face. Or sexually harassing hitting on him.
Natalie Ray – The fast and furious drunk of the group.  She will be drinking before most of us are awake!
Kristle – I actually think Kristle will be the only reason we make it ANYWHERE on time.  She’s clutch to have in such a big group.
Erwin – Will make sure the party does not end. I guarantee she will be the first to yell “Just one more drink before we leave!”
Diane – Our resident beer sports enthusiast and happy go lucky drunk
Harv – My work wife and also one of the funniest people in attendance.  She’s insane awesome simply for the reason that she goes along with all of my crazy schemes
Rach – The “quiet crazy” type.  I once watched her break out in fluent Spanish in a graveyard, just CUZ.  Seriously people.
Aimee – If my cat was a person, he would be Aimee. Prone to random acts of violence or break out dance parties. 
Nikki –The sweet heart of the group.  She usually isn’t responsible for starting the trouble, but she’s always down for being part of it
Rosie  – Always well meaning, but just a little *too* happy about weird ass shit.
And then of course there’s me.  If you’ve read this blog AT ALL you would know I’m the icing on this cake full of crazy.

All in all, I’m pretty effin lucky to have so many women in my life who would hop a plane to Aruba for me.  I’m a HUGE advocate for women needing women in their lives.  

Every one of these chicks has touched my life in an amazing way and helped shape who I am today.  So much of my confidence, happiness, and sense of humor are based on the times we’ve shared and the knowledge that they’ll always be in my corner when I need them.  



PS - As I was pushing my last post live Rachel and Harv sent me this email:
Subject line:  Rachel & I are working really hard...

Also, we’re really easily amused by the emoticon’s in MS Communicator.

 




















NOW do you get it? 
XOXO - 
Jaime Mac

4 comments:

  1. Danielle a.k.a. Harv, a.k.a. WWFLAugust 31, 2010 at 9:14 AM

    1. I CANNOT WAIT.
    2. "m'lady" is the best tag ever.
    3. I CANNOT WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - and no I totes get the Angelo reference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i doubt the international weather service is aware of THIS impending hurricane of hurt that is about to befall poor, little Aruba.

    ReplyDelete